November 9, 2008

Sex Ed 201

The other day Henry started to reminisce about when I was pregnant with Maren. Henry asked, "Mom, remember when Maren was in your tummy?" A simple question, I thought. "Yes," I said.

Then Henry followed up with, "Did the doctor have to cut your stomach open to get Maren out?" After thinking for a brief moment, deciding if I wanted to "go there" I replied, "No, Henry. Babies come out of mommies' vaginas."

Henry was clearly confused when he asked, "She came out of your butt?"

Thinking for another brief moment, again deciding if I wanted to "go there" (even further this time) I said, "Yes."

6 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Rick has had poos that seem as big as babies, but I hardly call that comparable.

A. Schoonie said...

LOL! I can tell that Henry and Lucie are the same age because they are asking the same questions!
So glad that Maren is growing and doing well. And I would love to the see article...how do I get to it online??

Emma said...

Josh and I have had that conversation many times. At first he thought I was going to throw up the baby. Then it was going to come out of my feet. But, they do have to cut open my stomach to get babies out. Another conversation we have had is whether or not I bought my boobs. Maybe more on that when I actually post on my blog.

Josh, Sandy, Jaclyn, Kinsey, and Caleb said...

Oh my goodness, your stories are hilarious! Jaclyn hasn't pooped in the tub yet but she has pee-peed in our bed while waiting for her bath a few times. I warned Josh but he didn't learn until it happened on his side of the bed...a good lesson to learn! :) Give Maren and Henry a big hug and kiss from us!

*~Petra~* said...

When Jenna told Tyler that babies come from mommies tummies, he thought for a minute, then asked... "Did you eat me???"

Kids are just the best!

Irene Moyer said...

So THAT'S where babies come from!!!