July 18, 2011

Best Missionary Ever

Missionary work has been a hot topic in our stake for the last several weeks. Henry even showed up after Primary last week with a mock missionary tag with his name on it. I asked him what missionary work was and I was a little surprised at how flustered he got. For whatever reason, Henry seemed to have a hard time grasping the concept. To help him understand a little better, the next night we talked about ways that we could share the gospel and our testimonies with our friends for Family Home Evening. I thought it went pretty well.

This morning we were running some errands. As Henry was jumping out of the car I noticed him picking up his Book of Mormon from the floor to avoid stepping on it. After he was out of the car, as he turned around to set it on the seat, I somewhat jokingly asked him if he was going to take it inside the store and find someone to give it to. He was flabbergasted that I would even suggest such a thing. "No, Mom!" I pressed it a little-- "What? Why not?" He said, "Because, it's like our secret." Maybe that FHE didn't go as well as I thought.

No comments: