October 11, 2008

My kids are sick...

Okay, so what better timing for the kids to get sick than right before Randy leaves for a two-week "vacation" to New Mexico. He's really going to work in Lordsburg for that time, but come on. No wife, no kids. It's a friggin' vacation. The only downside is that some stranger will be living in our house out there while Randy is there. Sorry, Randy.

So, the last night that Randy was here, Maren was up all night freaking out. She has a cold. I'm guessing it's the same one I have-- you feel okay during the day, but at night you're tortured with post nasal drip and a sore throat. (I hate those ones!)So I'm up half the night with her while Randy is up the other half. Lovely.

The next morning Maren gets up at her usual 7:30-ish, happy as can be, totally oblivious to the fact that she ruined our night. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I was glad that she wasn't the Miss Crabby Pants she was the previous night. I'm just saying, would it kill her to at least say, thanks mom and dad for walking me around the house for half the night. Jeesh!

Okay, so it gets worse. Not 5 hours after we drop Randy off at the airport, Henry is puking his brains out while spiking a temp of 103. He was asleep by 7 but up at 10--dripping in sweat. Up again at 1, this time in my bed-- thirsty. Up again at 3-- had to pee. Up again at 5-- thirsty. At 7:00 I wake up to Henry saying, "Mom, the clock says 7-0-0. It's time to get up." Of course Maren was up 2 times last night as well. And of course, the two couldn't coordinate the timing of their neediness. Have I mentioned how much I love being a mom, yet?

It's actually kind of nice when Henry has a fever. Being the spaz that he is, a fever calms him down to the point where he acts kind of like a normal kid. I'm just hoping and praying that Maren doesn't get what Henry's got. The last thing we need in this two week stretch is for Maren to end up at Childrens. Boo. So, to the two people who actually read my blog, would you mind saying a little pray for little Maren? Fevers aren't great for half-hearted babies.

Oh, I really do like being a mom-- probably like 97% of the time.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Being one of the two who reads your blog...Rick being the other one because I read everything you write out loud to him...consider prayers said.

Love you Sarah.